Divorce, Custody, Adoption, Guardianship, & More
When everything goes right, a family can provide the love the support to help you make the most of life. However, when family issues arise you need an experienced Family Lawyer to help you through your Divorce, Child Custody, Parental Rights, Adoption, Guardianship, or any other type of legal services you need in Henderson or Las Vegas, NV. Smith Legal Group is a Family Law attorney helping Nevada families with Divorce, Child Custody, Parental Rights, Adoption, Guardianship, and more. We invite you to learn more about our Family Law attorney services and get in touch with us today to request a free consultation.
Comprehensive Family Law Services
Our Family Law attorneys in Nevada do it all when it comes to Family Law services. Learn more, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions:
- Annulment – Las Vegas, NV is unique in that even the wedding chapels are open 24 hours. Sometimes people get married for the wrong reasons or in the wrong state of mind. Divorces take longer than weddings in Nevada, but Smith Legal Group is here to help you annul your marriage quickly.
- Adoption – Adopting a child should be a joyous experience, but the legal process can be challenging without the right attorney on your side. Child Adoption is usually a two-step process, and our family lawyers can help you get through the process so you can prepare for your new addition to the family. Our attorneys are well-versed in Adult Adoptions as well.
- Child Custody – Having a child is magical, but relationships do not always last. When your relationship with your spouse, partner, or significant other ends, many questions related to your child need to be answered. Our Family Court lawyers can help you establish both Legal Custody and Physical Custody, Timeshare schedules, navigate Child Support, and ensure your rights are protected.
- Child Support – Every child in Nevada has a legal right to be financially supported by both parents; however, that process looks different for everyone depending on your specific circumstances. We can help you with Child Support issues, including how much Child Support you will pay or receive, and discuss extenuating circumstances and changes to Child Support calculations.
- Divorce – Going through a Divorce is oftentimes emotionally painful and draining, especially if there are children involved. Our Family Law firm and Divorce attorneys can help you successfully navigate the Divorce process and protect your rights. We specialize in ALL types of Divorce, from Joint Petition and Mediated Divorce, to full-blown litigation and Trial. Our Divorce attorneys are well-versed and well-equipped to represent your specific needs to protect your rights and represent you in a manner best suited to your case.
- Father’s Rights – Many men feel that the Family Court is stacked against them and in favor of the mother. While this used to be true, Nevada has taken great pains in making things fair to both parents. Our lawyers understand the intricacies of Nevada law and know Fathers’ Rights.
- Mother’s Rights – While children benefit from the care and support of both parents, divorces and separations require adjustments. Our mother’s rights lawyers will protect your rights and help you gain better understanding of your rights to custody of your child.
- Termination of Parental Rights – The Nevada Court can terminate the rights of a parent in relation to a child and our legal team is highly successful in termination cases. Our legal team can guide you through the process and help you understand when a termination of parents’ rights is appropriate, meet your burden of proof, and ensure all statutory requirements and legal process is followed to ensure this process is both efficient and successful.
- Guardianship – The legal process of taking responsibility for another person (adult or minor child) is known as Guardianship. Our Guardianship lawyers will assist and represent you in both Voluntary Guardianship and Involuntary Guardianship proceedings to ensure you understand the role of Guardian and meet the State’s requirements to become a Guardian.
- Grandparent’s Rights – Grandparents may have visitation rights too and our law firm can help with third-party visitation rights where grandparents can obtain a Visitation order from the Court to preserve their relationship with their grandchild. Third-party visitation is best obtained with experienced Family Law attorneys who are found at Smith Legal Group.
- Temporary Order of Protection – A TPO or Temporary Protective Order can be granted by the court if the applicant is in imminent harm or danger from another person. A TPO can also be obtained on behalf of another party or child. Know your rights to protection from abuse, threat, and harassment by contacting our office. Our lawyers can assist with filing TPOs and getting them granted.
Schedule Your Family Law Consultation Today
Now that you know more about the Family Law services offered by Smith Legal Group, it’s time to get started with our full-service Family Law firm. Our team is results-driven, highly experienced, and our representation is personalized to your specific needs and case. We offer a variety of payment plans and after-hours appointments to provide our clients the opportunity for highly-rated, highly-experienced legal representation. Contact us today to request a consultation.